The National Weather Service forecasts that the next bout of wet
weather will happen today, Dec. 6, through Sunday morning, Dec. 8, withexpected rainfall accumulation of 2-3 inches in that time period. The City has
opened a self-fill sandbag station today at the Community Center (1557Healdsburg Ave.) that will be available to all community members for free. The
station will be open through Sunday, and it is located in the parking lot nextto the soccer field.
Please use these tips on how to safely use the sandbags:
- Fill sandbags 1/2 to 2/3 full; lay them flat in place.
- Wear gloves to protect yourself.
- Filling sandbags is physically demanding work and can easily cause back and other injuries if not careful. Always lift with your legs and not your back. Do not throw sandbags -- doing so will stress your back and shoulders.
- Only place the sandbags on your property. Do not place sandbags on City property (such as streets and sidewalks) and on the public right-of-way.
- The City will not pick up the sandbags. After you've finished using the sandbags, please return them to the Community Center or dispose of them properly.
- Do not allow sand to go into our storm drain system -- it pollutes the water and erodes pipes.